The monitor,screen,adapter or display of a
computer is the primary user interface. Monitor problems are some of the
most common computer problems since the voltages inside a monitor can be as
high as 10 KV. Many of the problems can be fixed yourself by simply changing
the settings but in a few cases you may have to either replace or repair
How to troubleshoot and fix
computer monitor/display problems
1. The monitor/display flickers
Check the refresh rate. If the refresh rate is 50 Hz/ 60Hz (depending on
which country you stay), it can be affected by interference from electrical
power signals like those from fluorescent lamps . Increasing the refresh
rate to 72Hz is recommended , since higher refresh rates reduce eyestrain and
2. The display works fine
initially, then after some time there are black lines on the screen and then
the display disappears
There is a problem with the copper
windings in the CRT monitor which are getting heated. It is better to replace
3. For a new monitor, you get a
blank screen or distorted image.
Many monitors, especially LCD
monitors, can only handle resolutions which are less than the native
resolution, so set the resolution at the native resolution only. The native
resolution of a LCD display is lower for smaller LCD screen sizes, typically
1024 X 768 for 15" LCD. CRT monitors have a better resolution than
4. The display on the monitor is
This is a result of power system interference from users of the power grid,
particularly UPS, power tools and heavy machinery. Try changing the position of
5. There is a shadow on the images on the display
Try reducing the contrast setting on your monitor.
6. Monitor becomes blank occasionally
Could be a problem with the
display card, check with another monitor. The monitor display cord and power
cable should be fixed properly and there should be no loose connection.
7. Dark Spots on the Screen.
Move speakers,USB modem and other magnetic devices away from the monitor.
8. Incorrect Colors - red may become dark brown, blue becomes purple.
Check your video cables and connectors for bent or broken pins and wires.
Sometimes there may be a problem with your display card, which can be retuned
using a software available with monitor technicians.
9. Run Antivirus to scan corrupt software files.Virus cause distorted characters and images.
10. Set your monitor/display pixels to the software requirements. some softwares require higher pixels to run or to be displayed. some media players, web applications, video games applications and photo editors/view softwares have option to view photos on low or high quality
Congratuations You're Now A Pro. You may not be able to man a technical support line with the information we've provided in this article, but these tips should help you disentangle many frustrating printer or Pc issues. Keep this information around for later reference and maybe next time you'll beat your project deadline. Please Visit and bookmark my blog/manual ::: Fix your computer blog to get live or more support details and software downloads
I also offer Free Personal Love Advice to all my readers.
- Article Word Count: 423
- Total Views: 39154