How To Fix HP Printer Error 20 : Insufficient / Memory Overflow
HP and other Printers have a lot of little basic bugs, but if you know how to deal with some of the more habitual problems you will be able to make your printer your friendly companion to your tasks and projects.
Error code 20 Problem: "Not Enough Disk Space", "Overflow", "insufficient memory", or "Printer not activated" error message
Possible Causes and Solutions:
- A large print job has exceeded the memory capacity of the printer. Add more memory or simplify the print job. Remember the original HP Laserjet has only 128K of memory available, the Laser Jet+ has only 512K and neither one is really upgradable.
- Simplify the print job by lowering graphic and images pixels quality, changing fonts, etc. It is done from control panel:::>printer:::>installed printer "model named" :::>setup:::>printer resolution or graphic quality:::>change values to medium or low.
- Verify that the SIMMS or memory cards are properly seated. It may become loose if you move your printer. Check printer manual to locate the SIMMS.
- On the HP LaserJet 5P turn the image adapt and page protect to ON or AUTO. These can be set within the Remote Control Panel. Press GO to resume printing.
- On the HP LaserJet 5L, set the Enhanced I/O to AUTO (PCL mode) and resend the print job
- Set your LaserJet printer driver to default printer driver; Control panel:::>Printer:::> Installed printer model named:::>Set It as default. If the printer is not installed then add it from the list. Remove other printer drivers. Unplug your printer from Pc and plug it back after restarting your Pc..
- Print to the LaserJet printer using an add-on PostScript option. Control panel:::>Printer:::> Select the appropriate HP PostScript model:::>Set as default
- Corrupt registry- Clear your Registry using a registry cleaner tool. This software is free; get one!
- Windows XP, click Start and then click Control Panel. Click Printers And Other Hardware and Printers And Faxes. In the Printers And Faxes window, from the File menu, click Server Properties, then click the Drivers tab. This shows the settings in your printer's driver. Compare the settings in this dialog box with the ideal settings in your printer's manual. If you see a discrepancy in these settings, the printer may simply need a new driver and delete old one first. You can download latest updated printer driver version from the printer manufacturer's Web site.
- Get more help. Installing a new driver won't solve every printer woe, of course, so understanding printer's manual and Windows' built-in Help system will give you an even sharper troubleshooting edge.
- Get a free problem fixing software from Microsoft website "http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
Congratuations You're Now A Pro. You may not be able to man a technical support line with the information we've provided in this article, but these tips should help you disentangle many frustrating printer or Pc issues. Keep this information around for later reference and maybe next time you'll beat your project deadline. Please Visit and bookmark my blog/manual ::: Fix your computer blog to get live or more support details and software downloads
I also offer Free Personal Love Advice to all my readers.
- Article Word Count: 419
- Total Views: 7962