Keyboards form an important part of the computer user
interface and a keyboard problem can be very annoying. Some of the
common keyboard problems are:
1. Some keys work, while other keys
2. A key comes out or is stuck
3. No or wrong character appears on the
screen when entered on the keyboard
4. Keyboard test failure appears
during startup or a series of beeps are heard when the computer is started
5. A character/letter repeat itself too fast when you place your finger on a key.
6. discolouration or fading. etc
How to fix Keyboard problems:
1. Due to wear and tear, the keys
for certain characters on a keyboard will wear out. This happens for more
commonly used characters. If the problem is due to loose or improper
contact, you can try to fix the key back. If this does not work, you can replace
the key with a new key purchased from a computer store. Love your keyboard by handling it gentle.Don't press any key when starting the computer.
2. Sometimes the keyboard drivers
can get corrupted. You need to change them or test the driver.
Go to My Computer(right click) :::>Hardware:::>Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Hardware:::> uninstall keyboard. Restart the
computer, the keyboard should get reinstalled automatically.The keyboard should start working
again. If not so get keyboard drivers by updating windows or keyboard manufacturer website.
Always use a computer protection like antivirus protection - run a free computer antivirus scan or any other anti-virus since virus can corrupt system files. get one now!
3. Try to swap the keyboard with
another keyboard which works properly on another computer. If the alternate
keyboard has the same problem, there may be a problem with the keyboard circuit
If the alternate keyboard works
properly, check if your keyboard cable is damaged or properly connected, whether
wires in the keyboard cable are connected properly to all the pins on motherboard.
4. Open out the keyboard and check
if the keyboard fuse is working. If the fuse has blown, replace it with another
fuse of the same rating and size.
5. If you spill water or any
liquid on the keyboard, switch off the computer immediately. Unplug the
keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and keep it out for drying either in
the sun or under a fan. If some other sticky fluid has been spilled on the
keyboard, use a moist cotton swab or ear bud to clean computer or wipe away the
fluid. Only when it is completely dry, (it will take a minimum of 24
hours depending on the weather), connect the keyboard back to your computer.
6. For USB keyboard change the USB
ports or unplug the keyboard from the USB port then plug it back until it responds or detected. Usually the keyboard led(indicator) lighting up and a beep should show a successful connection.
7. Set the speed of character repetition. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
8. Set the blinking rate of cursor. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
9. Go for a typing course or get a tutorial on how to use keboard features.
10. For discolouration or fading of white keyboard. Use good computer cleaners,soft cloth, whiteners or vinegar mixed with water to keep the original white colour or clean. don't use bleach or rough material to clean. disconnect the power supply. switching to good black keyboard can comfort you.
11. Always read your computer error screen for instruction and test failure error solutions.
12. Clean dust and foreign particles from your keyboard by turning keyboard upside down and blowing air through the keys.
Congratuations You're Now A Pro. You may not be able to man a technical support line with the information we've provided in this article, but these tips should help you disentangle many frustrating printer or Pc issues. Keep this information around for later reference and maybe next time you'll beat your project deadline. Please Visit and bookmark my blog/manual ::: Fix your computer blog to get live or more support details and software downloads
I also offer Free Personal Love Advice to all my readers.
- Article Word Count: 564
- Total Views: 89585