Vibrant Gujarat and Creation of Numerous Jobs in Gujarat: Is it a bubble that could burst?

  • Print Article |
  • Send to a Friend |
  • |
  • Add to Google |

Indian economy has registered a healthy growth rate of 10% and Gujarat growth rate has slipped a little, but it still going good at 11%. The number of businesses investing in Gujarat is huge and these investments, if they come to fruition, will create great opportunities for professionals wanting to work in Gujarat.

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has built an image of business-friendly Gujarat and created the right conditions for big businesses to flourish in the state. There have been reports that the amount of MOUs signed at the Vibrant Gujarat festival is exaggerated and no more than sensational marketing; it has been suggested that only around 20% of these are genuine while the other 80% of the deals are not likely to see the light of the day.

But when thousands of crores are pumped into the state economy in the course of a few years, even if they are not a hundred of thousands, it is not unreasonable to predict the creation lots of jobs in Gujarat.

Greater industrialization is the main source of all the money being injected in the state economy. The detractors point out that agriculture is taking a beating in the race for progress; they point out the fact the big industrialists are flocking to the state because they are getting land, water and soft loans at subsidized rates, along with a host of other benefits.

The critics argue that the development is coming at a high cost: Gujarat still languishes at the bottom half of ‘India State Hunger Index’. In 2008, the state was ranked 13 among 17 states in the hunger index.

Whatever shape things may take in the future, the present scenario is truly promising for people looking for jobs in Gujarat. The influx of large amount of capital in the state has created a ripple effect, attracting more business, and the ease with which business can be set up in the state has given wings to the ambitions of the enterprising industrialists.

The red tapes of the earlier era have been replaced by a red carpet welcoming talent and capital—companies are welcomed and they no longer need to pay bribes to process their files.

These factors have contributed to the generation of hundreds of thousands of jobs in Gujarat in diverse sectors like infrastructure, Health, Pharmacy, Education and IT. As more and more money enters the market, more and more jobs are likely to be created. Labor intensive jobs in huge quantities are created as infrastructure projects advance at a breakneck speed to beat deadlines.

Jobs are also created at the management level as big companies rush to get a chunk of the pie in Gujarat by setting up offices in the state. Gujarat also benefits from the number of skilled professionals whose availability makes such industries viable.

While the state does face the challenges of improving the living conditions of its poor, women and minorities, it has, at least for now, delivered on its promise of creating job opportunities.

About the Author:

Shah Jigar is the author for online job portal that offers jobs in India. Nowadays job opportunities have become so vast for jobs India. The portal provides jobs in Gujarat to the graduates and professionals. Free registration for Job Seekers and Employers at http://www.parttimejobsproindia.com/.

Rate this Article:
  • Article Word Count: 551
  • |
  • Total Views: 23
  • |
  • permalink
  • Print Article |
  • Send to a Friend |
  • |
  • Add to Google |
>