Top 12 Tips for Attending Interviews
Congratulations! You have been invited to a job interview. How do you prepare yourself for that interview so that you have a better chance of being selected as an employee? Here are the 12 vital tips:
Before the interview:
1. Find out more about the company: The more you know the better it is for you as it tells the interviewer that you are interested and enthusiastic about the company.
2. Identify the location : find out the place of interview so that you don't waste valuable time looking for it on the actual day.
3. Be prepared for the following frequently asked questions:
1. Why are you looking for a job?
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. Which is the best manager that you have ever worked with?
5. How about the worst manager?
6. What are the problems you face in your current job and how are you solving them.
7. What are your most significant accomplishments?
8. What can you do for us?
9. What is your expected salary?
10. What do you know about our company?
4. Prepare a list of questions to ask: You can enquire about training and development opportunities, workplace culture and major challenges of the job.
5. Practice: Rehearse with friend especially when the interview involves you for a presentation.
On the day of interview:
6. Documents: Check and make sure that all necessary certificates are in one file.
7. Dress appropriately: When you dress smartly and correctly for the occasion you create a good visual impact.
8. Arrive in sufficient time: Be there 15 to 30 minutes earlier so that you can relax and compose yourself.
During the Interview:
9. Behavior: Smile and make eye contact with the interviewer. Sit upright and do not cross and uncross you legs.
10. Answering questions: Listen carefully and answer fully and directly. Do it in a friendly and positive tone and provide examples. Always tell the truth.
11. Ask the right question: Remember you have prepared some questions to ask, now is the time to do it.
After the interview:
12. Send a thank-you letter: In the letter you should repeat your interest in the position you have applied for.
Charles Chua C K devotes his time to writing articles about his past experiences relating to health, career, money, home, relationships, education, happiness, Feng Shui, writing and more. The aim of his articles is to share useful tips about life with his readers. Please visit his blog at allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com
- Article Word Count: 355
- Total Views: 4055