The Anatomy Of A Great Thanksgiving Letter
These days most people use email, instant messaging or cell phones for communication. However, throughout the year there are times when a card or letter is more appropriate and no time is more important to share with friends and family than during the holidays.
When it comes to writing a perfect Thanksgiving letter, you will want to keep in mind several things from the stationery you use to the content of the letter so you can express everything you are trying to get across to the recipients.
Here are some things you will want to do when writing that perfect holiday letter.
1) Use Thanksgiving stationery. Stationery with a fall theme is important since it sets the theme for the occasion.
2) If you are setting up the letter on your computer to be sent to multiple recipients, you will want to make the introduction personal for each person on the list. The body of the letter and general well wishes for your friends and family can be the same but to make it important to each of the readers, it is important to greet them individually. Your computer will make this much easier for you.
3) Use a festive font on your letter, maybe one that looks like cursive writing. It will take away the "form letter" feeling.
4) Since this is a Thanksgiving letter, making the bulk of the letter about things you are thankful for is a great way to mention those specifically in your life that will probably be receiving this letter. These could include happy occasions spent with family and friends over the last year going over vacations, birthdays and other happy times that have enriched your life.
5) Include your hopes and plans for the next year. While you may not have any details, sharing positive upcoming experiences is still a great way to share your aspirations for the coming year.
6) Use the letter as an opportunity to invite people to holiday get-togethers. The second page could be an invitation matching the style and feeling of the letter on the first page.
7) Close the letter by sending wishes of fulfillment and happiness to the recipients of your letter.
Putting together a great Thanksgiving letter isn't a difficult process at all. Simply having an idea and a goal enables you to lay out the text, make corrections and to get the letter exactly right before you print them off. Using a contact list with correct addresses makes printing off envelopes a breeze.
All that's left is stuffing the envelopes, adding your Thanksgiving themed return address label, putting on a stamp and sticking them in your mail box. Not only will you have a great time putting them together and sending them out but your readers will enjoy the communication, especially during the holidays.
When Daisy Emert wants to make a statement, she uses cool Thanksgiving paper and envelops anytime she writes or sends any mail. PaperDirect can get your holiday season started off right with our great selection of Thanksgiving signs, stationery and much more.
- Article Word Count: 502
- Total Views: 8