Marketing is a process and not a conversation. Hosting conversation on your blog is a valuable thing though. It helps you gather opinions and takes a decision and that is the valuable.
This morning while talking to Shi (a friend of mine), I asked him a question below:
Instead of leaving our comments on other blog-post, what if we publish our comments on our own blog (as a new post) and give a link-back to that blog we want to comment on?
My reasons were:
- Google spider, gives first priority to the blog post and second to a dialog / comments.
- A blog-post that is mentioned / link-backed in various other blog posts is worth higher than a blog with 100 comments.
- An article that has been published on a blog is worth higher than a discussion in a comment thread.
- People mostly read blog-post the more as compare to comments.
- Link-back receive more attraction, than in a blog.
- Most bloggers doesn't allow their commenter to mention their link in the comments.
- Comments don't help your blog to gear your blog page ranking, but link back does.
- Blog post can be shared everywhere with search engine and blog directories, on the other hand comment cannot be shared.
So why we stress so much to comment on other's blog and hope that they will comment back. But if you mention a post in your blog along with the link back, it is sure that the other person will at least respond in the form of both comments, and his blog-posts someday.
Have your say:-)
- Article Word Count: 253
- Total Views: 2