Why Are You Killing Your Dog?

  • Print Article |
  • Send to a Friend |
  • |
  • Add to Google |

Caution! don't fall into the routine of which unfortunately so many dog owners fall into, that is, feeding their much cherished four legged friends scraps from the table - you could kill them or at the very least cause them some really serious harm. Therefore please don't be irresponsible. Cut out the practice and pay attention to what not to feed your pet.

 Below are several food items that you as an owner must not give to your pet:-

 •        Chocolate. Never think that you are able to give your dog chocolate. Sure your dog is going to make a fuss as well as consume all that you offer them. Regrettably this is because dogs adore sweet things and it turns out that this is amongst the worst things you can give your dog. Because of chocolate containing caffeine and theobromine your dog's nervous system is at risk and the end result of this sweet "treat" can lead to seizures or even cardiac arrest. A substitute sweet treat could be dog biscuits containing carob: a safe alternative.

•        Onions. Onions really are extremely dangerous to dogs due to the fact that they adversely affect the dog's red blood cells. Onion and garlic are a source of sulfoxides and disulfides which unfortunately can trigger anaemia. Even the most ill informed, irresponsible owner is unlikely to offer a dog raw onion, nonetheless you must not give your dog any dishes containing them. It can cause vomiting along with diarrhoea which can lead to a lack of appetite, tiredness and fever. Therefore absolutely no giving your dog remaining food from your table because this could possibly contain them.

 •        Xylitol.  This is a man-made sweetener that is found in increasing regularity in human foods. It was once found primarily in gum, mints and sweets but today it can even be found in yogurt, caned produce and in various sorts of low calorie or sugar free foods. This one is really really serious. Even small amounts can cause liver failure and death.

 Its effects will probably develop within 30 minutes and causes a fast increase in insulin which in turn causes a sudden decrease in blood sugar. Your dog may well start to vomit and stumble around with uncoordinated actions (ataxia), and suffer from a general weakness, seizures and coma.

 Another thing which is overlooked: beware of cleaning your dog's teeth with your personal toothpaste since Xylitol can often be present in toothpaste as well as mouthwashes. Only clean dogs teeth using a toothpaste manufactured for cleaning your pets' teeth.

•        Dairy Products. Dogs are unable to breakdown the lactose in milk, butter and ice cream, due to not making sufficient lactose enzyme necessary to be able to digest these products and consequently must definitely not be given them. The actual feeding of these products can trigger diarrhoea as well as additional digestive troubles.

 •        Grapes and Raisins. Sometimes even when given to your pets in small quantities these sweet fruits can easily bring about kidney malfunction. These types of fruits are attractive to dogs and do not necessarily affect all dogs the same. Some may well not display any effects from enjoying any of these, although some can experience a virtually instant reaction to the chemical substances they contain just after feeding on just one. Even though it is not known just what is making grapes and raisins so dangerous for dogs, it is undoubtedly safest not to permit ones pet to have them.

 •        Raw Fish. One must definitely never feed your dog uncooked fish under any circumstances. Uncooked fish brings about a deficiency of vitamin B1 (Thiamine) in your pet which will in turn can easily lead to a loss of appetite; seizures in addition to in some extreme cases might bring about death.

 •        Alcohol. Really, do not under any situations offer your dog any kind of alcohol thinking that it's funny to see them reeling about. Apart from being irresponsible, dogs cannot handle the intoxicating influences involving any kind of alcoholic drink for the reason that they are not able to process it and because of that fact, are susceptible to alcohol poisoning. Moreover even very low quantities is likely to give a dog significant digestive issues and as a result could well kill.

The above gives you an idea on what is out there that can seriously harm your dog. If you care for your four legged friend, be a responsible dog owner. You owe it to your dog to check out http:www.mike-the trainer.com . Take responsibility for what you feed them and they will thank you for it with years of good health and devotion.

Rate this Article:
  • Article Word Count: 768
  • |
  • Total Views: 10
  • |
  • permalink
  • Print Article |
  • Send to a Friend |
  • |
  • Add to Google |
Popular Articles by Michael Thompson
>