10 Qualities of a Transformational Leader
What does a transformational leader need to know? Who do they need to be?
I've developed the following list of qualities needed by a leader in the throws of business or organizational transformation.
1. Focus on what's possible, rather than on what is likely.
2. Seek new ways of working, new ways of getting things done
3. Seek opportunities in the face of risk
4. Value effectiveness over efficiency
5. Don't react to circumstances, instead seek to shape and create new ones.
6. Emphasize individual responsibility for measurable results
7. Question old assumptions, because the are old assumptions
8. Reward success with customized incentives.
9. Use self interest to inspire action, then transcend self-interest.
10. Have a healthy disrespect for the prevailing politics.
"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things."
Inscription From Machiavelli's Tomb
Business acceleration expert and growth strategist Paul Lemberg is the CEO of Axcelus: Advanced Business Acceleration for Entrepreneurs. Axcelus helps fast-growing entrepreneurial companies scientifically engineer the greatest business value possible, in the shortest amount of time.
- Article Word Count: 202
- Total Views: 2217