Be a Better Executive - 5 Top Tips
As a busy executive you have many deadlines to meet, endless reports to write and on top of all these you have a team of staff to supervise. You need to be on top of things; otherwise the situation will be chaotic and inefficient.
Here are the 5 top tips to organize yourself for better results:
1. The big picture: Capable executives are able to see the whole picture. They ensure that the functioning of the team fits cohesively into the overall organization so that the workflow will be smooth and productive.
2. Planning and Organizing: On a daily basis, make sure that when you start the day you already have the to-do-list in the morning to tackle the most important tasks first. Plan your work and work your plan is the motto.
3. Simplify the work for your staff: Put in place simple procedures so that the work can be done quickly with the least effort.
4. Routine checking: Go to your staff from time to time to check that things are done accordingly and to arrest any problems that may arise.
5. Eliminate urgent and unimportant tasks: According to Peter Drucker doing the right thing is more important than doing things right.
Alan Lakein once said," Failing to plan is in effect, planning to fail."
Charles Chua C K devotes his time to writing articles about his past experiences relating to health, career, money, home, relationships, education, happiness, Feng Shui, writing and more. The aim of his articles is to share useful tips about life with his readers. Please visit his blog at allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com
- Article Word Count: 210
- Total Views: 235