Home: Tag : USpassportcard

USpassportcard tagged articles

In recent past, the United States released another option for passport users.
The US State Department is now offering the relatively new USA Passport card. Also called the PassCard, it was created for the convenience of Americans who travel to certain North American countries. What do you need to know about this card? Is it truly more convenient? Find out if the PassCard is right for you.
Canada, our closest neighbor to the north, is full of fun possibilities for you and your family to experience. Everywhere you turn holds another discovery, whether it's Canada's long colorful history or a testament to their rich heritage. If you are looking for a place to take your family without spending too much, Canada offers tons of exciting opportunities.
Cruises provide a wonderful opportunity for a family to explore new horizons and to get away for a little bit. Many prefer cruises over airplanes and road trips, and it's easy to see why. Cruises are convenient, completely customizable get aways that allow you and your family to relax, have fun, and unwind. All you need to do is apply for your U.S. passport and you are good to sail.
Anyone that has used a passport book for any period of time knows that they wear out, need new pages frequently and are not really convenient to carry around.
One thing that many people are now worried about is the documentation that they will need when traveling on a cruise or to places like Canada or Mexico.
The new passport card takes the place of the PASS card, previously known as the People-Access-Security-Service Card. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, in search of more suitable forms of identification, called for a change in requirements. Applications were first offered in February, 2008.
Since June 1, 2009, all United States citizens traveling out of the country must show a passport to come back home. If you often travel to Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, or Bermuda by land or sea, the passport card may be an excellent option for you. If you plan to travel outside the U. S. by air, you will need the passport book.
When you travel to foreign destinations that require a US passport, then you must always have your US passport with you.
Are you traveling outside the United States? Then you’ll most likely need to get a US passport. Depending on your destination and mode of travel, you can either use a regular passport book or a passport card as your official travel document. In this article, we’ll be dealing with the passport card, including your questions about what a passport card is, and how to acquire one.